1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't let him spoil the good things in life for you.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Charlie opened up his twitter feed, and he said, "I'll start this show"
    And vitriol flowed from his fingertips as his tweet hit a new low.
    He threatened Bernie crassly and it made an evil hiss.
    Then the secret service joined in,
    and it sounded something like this.

Twirling Time and Fred siegle like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Sanders stood out last time mostly because a) he wasn't Hilliary, and b) he stuck it out through the convention even though he was clearly not the party's chosen one. A lot of his ideas (most notably Medicare for all and tuition-free college) have been picked up by primary foes. And the Bernie bros who sat out the general election or voted for Stein or Johnson have seen the error of their ways. That, and voters are definitely looking for someone younger ... much like when they voted for Obama in 2008.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.a97474f681f5

"Several current and former Trump administration appointees promoted sales of nuclear power plants to Saudi Arabia despite repeated objections from members of the National Security Council and other senior White House officials, according to a new report from congressional Democrats.

The officials who objected included White House lawyers and H.R. McMaster, then the chief of the National Security Council. They called for a halt in the nuclear sales discussions in 2017, citing potential conflicts of interest, national security risks and legal hurdles.

Yet the effort to promote nuclear sales persisted, led by retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who served briefly as President Trump’s national security adviser, and more recently by Energy Secretary Rick Perry. The possible nuclear power sale was discussed in the Oval Office as recently as last week."

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not to mention also:

1, Longtime career Democrats who have correctly noted that Bernie has been in Congress 27 years and never seen fit to join the Democratic Party, and

2, Democrats (and others) who simply do not want a doddering old gaffer nearing 80 in the White House, whether his name is Biden, Bernie or Fatfuck.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I haven't read Charlie's tweet yet but did he say Sanders is, "one of them long-haired, hippie-type, pinko fags. I'll bet he even has a commie flag. Tacked up on the wall inside of his garage. He's a snake in the grass. I'll tell ya' guys. He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise. He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage."

There was a time - a better time - when Daniels mocked people such as himself.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rapper Killer Mike, who is fairly influential in black culture, was a huge Bernie supporter in 2015. Not saying that everyone likes him, but there was some support from the black community for Sanders.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure of this.

Given a second bite at the Bernie Sanders apple, what will they do?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's past time for a youth movement for the Democrats (and GOP for that matter).

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.