1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6A036CF0-105C-4E7C-A87B-D0645259C374.jpeg

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Johnson was a drunk and a racist sympathizer who Lincoln put on the ticket only because he was from Tennessee.He didn't get much chance to do damage because everyone knew Grant would replace him. Buchanan is still the worst. Elected in a time of crisis, he did jack shit and turned a blind eye while his southern Cabinet members engaged in treason and sedition. To return to my main point, how history changes, when I was a kid the narrative was Grant was a great general and a terrible President. Now his administration, corruption and all, is seen in a more favorable light because he was opposed to the return of Southern white supremacy.
    PS: I' 'm kind of an extremist on the issue of the War of the Slaveholder's Rebellion, as it's known in the town documents of Lexington, Mass. If I had my way, US troops would destroy every monument to Confederate generals, elected officials, etc. in the United States, forcing the townspeople to stand and watch.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

When it comes to shitty presidents, I feel John Tyler is the guy. Only president never to have received a single vote for the office; joined the confederacy late in life; buried with a confederate flag and thus only president not buried with an American flag.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

Ivanka has the personality and depth of a wart under the foreskin of a homeless leper

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Ford never got a vote for the executive branch.
    Tyler gets props for still having living grandsons.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Ford got votes in 1976. Tyler wasn’t nominated after he finished Harrison’s term

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And furious jacking-off gestures.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. heyabbott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.