1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe he’ll pull a Poochie.

garrow likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rating a President for "luck" when he's halfway through one term sure seems risky to me. It's like saying "I'm having a great day at the track" after the fourth race.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rating a president for anything when they're halfway through one term seems a bit silly. Honestly, I don't even think we should be rating Obama on a historical scale just yet. It should be like the Hall of Fame -- wait five years after they're out of office to get a little distance and perspective.

tapintoamerica and Michael_ Gee like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Then again, W sucked then and he sucks now

TigerVols likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. Hell, Presidents dead for over a hundred years get their ratings revised all the time. Jefferson's place in history has been incredibly volatile. He's in a down period now because of increased examination of slavery and exploitation of women. When I was a kid, he was clearly presented to us as a hero.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Unindicted war criminal.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He used a thirty nine and a half-foot pole, Bob Goulet, that is.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Johnson and Buchanan assumed office while the nation was in the process of cataclysmic social breakdown, ie the Civil War.

Fatfuck was handed the keys (by Uncle Vlad) when things were running relatively smoothly. Pretty much all his problems are self generated.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    HanSenSE likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did they reevaluate the Pharohs of Egypt to take into account the century or more of Israelite bondage?

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I disregard out of hand any ranking that has Johnson as the worst president. Johnson is certainly in the lower tier, but the dude was in a no-win situation. He followed the myth of Lincoln and had to deal with the Radical Republicans. Nobody was going to be successful dealing with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.