1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many pairs of Air Jordans have you had?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 14, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

loved those.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've never had a pair, but I have a friend here who is a sneakerhead and wears different versions all the time, and today he's sporting the High Pine green ones, and I have to say, they look pretty good.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'd love a pair of black and red 11s. Five-hundred fucking dollars.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

None. I played basketball — and stopped playing — before they came out. And I was a leather Converse hoops shoe fan.

But I worked with a young guy years ago who bought every version that came out, put them in his closet and never wore them. He, obviously, was (or still is, for all I know) betting on mint Jordans only going up in value. Seemed silly to me to buy shoes and not wear them, but he's probably worth a lot more than me now.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's the only pair I ever owned as well.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The amount on money I spent on sneakers as a percentage of my earnings in my late teens-early 20s was simply moronic.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It’s ridiculous, Jordan XI golf Shoes were released today; sold out in 15 mins!! Had some bday $$ so said what the hell; damn 15 mins.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Go to golfgalaxy.com
    $220

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was probably 17 or 18 when the first Air Jordans came out. I never had a pair. I played basketball, too, and had a couple of sweet pairs of these.

[​IMG]

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks, but Damn sold out.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Never had a pair as I thought they were ugly as sin. I am 56 and played a ton of ball until my early/mid 40s. I never felt the need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on shoes. I always had good shoes but didn't need the latest or greatest. Normally went with last years models.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My high school was Nike but we didn’t buy Airs as they were beyond the reach of most folks on our team.

Draft saved Draft deleted