1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it is.

$2.4 Billion Deal for Chelsea Market Enlarges Google’s New York Footprint

NYC has happily played ball with Google and Facebook and Salesforce and lots and lots and lots of other big tech employers.

Amazon - and Cuomo and de Blasio - screwed the pooch here by trying to make it a giveaway, and by excluding the public from the process.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bill Weld announces he's running in 2020 to primary Trump.

Tilt at those windmills.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This feels like an oxymoron, but I have no evidence to disprove it.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I voted for him in 1990 when he first ran for governor in Massachusetts. That was the last time I voted for a Republican. I had no complaints about him. The guy he ran against in 1990, John Silber, wasTrump before Trump.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

jfc

collapse of the Republic in real time thread

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The full quote:

"In China, we’ve had a negotiation going on for about two days, it’s going extremely well. Who knows what that means, because it only matters if we get it done.”

In other words, it's going well, but it going well may not mean much unless a deal gets done.

Trump lies and can be a buffoon.

Daniel Dale, in this case, presented an isolated context to make Trump look dumb to the world.

Now: You wanna know which fuck up means more to me? Dale's. Because he's the journalist. And he shouldn't do that.

BTExpress likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why would Amazon land in places in Missouri or Ohio. Places that cheer trump bash Bezos and new industries and technologies. We are not talking about superdome sized warehouse space that needs thousands of marginally skilled labor. I don’t know why they chose that NY location. Public schools are weak, cost of living is high, transportation is slow and outdated.
    Red State’s lack the skilled technical workers apparently needed andnthose workers aren’t moving to Ohio, Indiana, or Missouri.

There are red cities worth looking at like Birmingham, Nashville, Charlotte but frankly the good oldnrednecks that run those State’s don’t want Amazon. It will dilute their power

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why Trump had to declare a national emergency. All he has to do is get Mnuchin to print the $8 billion.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You realize Amazon has a giant hub currently under construction in Nashville, right?

Twirling Time likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.