1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adnan Virk fired by ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm glad people are waking up to the realization that Miller is a clown and has been for several years.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Miller insisting he’s never spoke to Adnan Virk was not something I’m buying.

3. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Does he do birthday parties?

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

“He’s got four kids!”

How many times did Miller say that?!?

Pure speculation but I wonder if Virk called into the office and he thought it was for something entirely different. Not for leaking to AA. Something else that he thought would wreck his career.

Something that, if he carried two phones on him, would “be a problem” at home.

poindexter likes this.
  5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

His podcasts -- history of ESPN, Curb Your Enthusiasm, even the Sex in the City one -- are very good

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's incredibly ignorant for someone in the media business who surely knows many, many people who lost jobs through no fault of their own, at a small fraction of Virk's salary or less and had kids. Maybe even four kids.

7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how the “please don’t lay me off I have four kids” convo would go at Gannett?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“Great, we’ll save even more than we thought by getting your family off our health plans.”

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Miller has an anti-establishment streak. In a way, his Origins podcast is a lot of people defying the suits to succeed.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The move of someone in the midst of a major PR campaign. Or someone doing caught something wrong.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

If only he had that photo to look at before he put it all in jeopardy by leaking information to Awful Fucking Announcing.

Draft saved Draft deleted