1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sleazeball, certainly. Especially in reference to sexting with someone underage, who is no doubt vulnerable.

I'm not sure I'd describe the other women in the story as particularly 'vulnerable,' though.

They're musicians looking to be mentored. To advance their careers. To get advice from the artists they most admire. The same way I did as a writer.

They seek the same sort of encouragement and professional help that men routinely search out without being preyed upon.

Seems to me a reasonable expectation that strong, talented women be able to find guidance without being groped as the quid pro quo.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Bridger was 20, was groomed with gifts and immediately became swept up in a “whirlwind romance.” That sounds vulnerable to me but have it whatever way you want to have it. We materially agree here.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

haha, he is screwed

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"I am not a perfect man"

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And damn near all the women he's worked or toured with are coming out and corroborating this.

He was about to announce a US tour. Think that may be on hold.....

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Who else? I was curious to see what Catherine Popper and Caitlin Cary had to say, but I cannot find any news.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Since the initial article came out, Liz Phair, Karen Elson and Natalie Prass all confirmed he's a douchebag.

I'm curious to see if Jenny Lewis says anything. She opened for him on at least one recent tour.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow and HC like this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted