1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Front Runner was pretty good. J.K. Simmons was solid as always.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe all those attempts to use her ice powers to get deeper into the water were her way of looking for Ariel? o_O

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If they play this out as princesses from different regions of the world (Mulan, Moana...) joining forces to fight a common enemy, well, you might want to start printing the money now. Sort of sets up that moral lesson Disney and Marvel have been subtlety adding to movies the last 10 years or so.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

"And there came a day unlike any other, when earth's mightiest heroes were united against a common threat! On that day the Avengers were born! -- To fight the foes no single hero could withstand!"

It's not a new idea being pushed by Disney. It's been a part of Avengers stories pretty much since the formation of the team.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The music doesn't help that trailer one bit.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They already all appeared together in Wreck-It Ralph 2. So one would presume it's coming.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Incredibles 2 was great. Some Pixar movies leave me cold, they don't seem very organic - as if they were designed in a test-tube to be audience-pleasers. But both Incredibles movies had tremendous art design, a good story and enough small details and moments that really came together well.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Toy Story." We watched it last night as a family, our 10-year-old seeing it for the ??th time, our 4-year-old for the first time. Nice and short, a great kickoff to the series.

It's kind of amazing how much better the animation is by the third film, which is by far the best of the three, dark. We'll probably watch the second one tonight and the third one Sunday night.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Patriot Day; damn so emotional when you’re a middle aged dad. Well done I thought.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Daddy's Home 2 - One of those paycheck movies by all involved (a $70 million budget? Really?) Honestly one of those movies that cribs from so many different movies it's like you've seen it before. Cliched music tags, awkwardly staged set pieces, rando cameo, inexplicable wealth, stupidity for the sake of making a joke work. The best bit was when they see a Liam Neeson "Christmas movie" called Missletow where he plays a raging tow truck driver who also happens to be a loving father.

Suburbicon - Figure a movie written by the Coens, starring Damon and directed by Clooney couldn't be too terrible. What is odd is that it is a well-crafted film, but the script is really, really flat.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Saw Green Book last night. I really liked it even though the Italian family scenes were bordering on beyond caricature. You can definitely pick at a lot of things but the movie was overall well written and certainly well acted.

There were some strange factual stretches (what happened to the rest of the trio the last night? How many hours are there on December 24th?) but I’ve learned not to let the perfect get in the way of the good.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, somewhere along the line, Lasseter or another Disney bigwig confirmed that Anna and Elsa's parents were on their way to Rapunzel's wedding when they died at sea. I think the theory is the their ship is the one that Ariel explores with Flounder. Something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted