1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I want to know about his most recent cognitive test results.

I’m currently the live-at-home caretaker for my mother, who has hit mid-stage dementia. Trump reminds me of my mother a year or two ago; when it happens, the drop-off from early-stage to obvious dementia is precipitous, no matter the cause. In the 21st-century media environment it’ll eventually be damned hard to hide, but if problems are mounting it will be clear on his cog test.

So what are they hiding by not releasing the paperwork?

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Well, the 1966 Yankees were a REALLY STRONG last place that year.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Twirling Time

I imagine there were a few “epiphanies” realized in that Mass.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There has to be a bullshit factor here. An incense censer is about as big around as you making a circle by touching the fingertips of your two hands. Then they put the incense in and light it. Only way this works is if the kids stuff maybe half an ounce in there and they light the censers themselves. Anyone else looking in blows the gaff.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, they'll stone you when you are serving Mass.
    They'll stone you when you're sitting on your ass.
    They'll stone you when you ring the holy bells,
    They'll stone you when the priest says, "what the hell."
    Well, but I would not feel so all alone,
    Everybody must get stoned.

7. Twirling Time

Trump will try to thread a tiny needle with the wall. He’ll sign the funding bill (he hardly has any choice) but then he’ll use executive orders to try to divert money already appropriated. He’ll steer clear of a full-blown natty, the ramifications of which are well documented.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In 1977-80, I worked with a LaRouchie. A self loathing Jewish fratboy type who drove a bitchin' Camaro. I told him he was nuts from the get-go.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...d02109aeb01_story.html?utm_term=.45b23f4eb352

It’s time — it’s beyond time — that we figure out ways to talk thoughtfully about what it means to be a white man. The problem isn’t that Esquire wrote a story about Morgan; the problem is that it presented the story using a rapidly outdated way of thinking: that white men are the default model. That the #MeToo movement can be seen as a metaphorical assault on white male identity rather than women’s attempt to avoid being literally assaulted.

I’m actually deeply interested in “what it’s like,” to use Esquire’s language, to be a young white man. But to do that, we need to ask them questions like we ask Kamala Harris, or Kirsten Gillibrand, or Ben Carson, or other nonwhite or female Hollywood producers or CEOs. Not, How is your life difficult right now, but How do you think your life has been shaped by the identity into which you were born?

Amy likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

"As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized," he said.

Ya think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.