1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kuchar is getting destroyed on twitter right now.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Well, it does look like the caddie got a flag out of it

[​IMG]

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Flag is already signed.
    "Dear David. Thanks so much for looping for me this week. I hope you enjoyed working for me as much as I enjoyed fucking you and your family out of a bunch of money. Now, enjoy living in your concrete shack, while I'm going get on my G5 and drink $5000 worth of Grey Goose from my wife's hoo-ha. All the Best. Kuch."

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wonder if Kooch has already scheduled a vacation during the next Mayakoba Classic. "Sorry, there will be no title defense ..."

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watch this. He goes down there and wins again. This time, with another caddy from the club. And gives him the whole 10%.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would think the players would have concrete guidelines on bare minimums of caddy pay, regardless of status of caddy. $3k a week, five percent of winnings, ten percent of champions check. Stories like these make all players look terrible. Caddies have no juice to organize, but the players should absolutely do it.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In Kuchar's favor: It was a handshake deal; $3k for the week plus unspecified bonus. He paid the $3k plus a 2k bonus. He lived up to his end of the bargain.

In Mr. Ortiz's favor: "Mr. Kuchar, you paid the $3k, we left the bonus open and you paid a $2k bonus; you could've paid another $45k to avoid being called out as a f**king cheapskate, but you failed to do so, so enjoy your $45k as you're exposed as a f**king cheapskate! for the rest of your life!"

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things that irritates me the most is when a player is melting down and the analyst is getting on the caddie saying they should be stepping in and getting the player to focus. Like the meltdown is the caddie's fault.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Justin Thomas together the first two days at Riviera. Have the late-Thursday, early-Friday draw.

Appears as if it'll be bad weather, on Thursday at least.

10. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

If I was a milllionaire many times over and was likely to make many more millions this year alone keeping my reputation intact would be worth $45,000.
    Now whenever I see Kuchar on TV I immediately am reminded that he is a cheapskate millionaire who could have changed someone's life and chose not to do so.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And it's very rare, even in good weather, everyone finishes on Thursday and Friday because of daylight at Riviera.

Chef2 and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tiger announces he's playing in Mexico next week.
    That means he (prolly) won't play Honda the week after, before playing Bay Hill then The Players.
    Can't ever remember seeing him play 5 in a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted