1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Then the Republicans get stuck with the blame for another shutdown, and the Turtle knows it. TSA and the flight attendants strike the next day.

Now what?

2. Neutral Corner

Trump still wants his very own Bastille Day Parade. He's dying to stand in a reviewing stand as thousands of soldiers march past and salute him.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. He'd make it through a couple of platoons, get tired/lose interest and leave as long as he got in the photo op.

4. Neutral Corner

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

My one real concern here is that having stumbled on this first piece, the magazine will lose confidence in the premise, and we won't get stories on the other kids.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

For whom is it causing consternation? And why should Esquire care? I’m not saying Esquire shouldn’t care.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why isn’t it good?

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I found it really boring. It didn't make me care in the least.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nationwide General Strike.

Time to put the boot on the pig's throat.

lakefront and TigerVols like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Here's the opening for the next installment of the Esquire series:

"Every teen is embarrassed by his parents from time to time. How about every day? Now that social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook have been taken over by oldsters, today's teens feel their parents are crowding them even online. Our next subject's father is the most powerful man in the world but demonstrates every day how weak he really is with his online habits......"

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I posted that tweet earlier from Roxanne Gay as an example.

Plenty of women and folks of color and folks who aren't straight have a legitimate gripe about putting a white, straight, middle class suburban teenage boy on the cover of the magazine. Even, or perhaps especially, to launch a series that purports to explore America as it is at this moment.

And as I've mentioned, Esquire should care to the extent that if what they intend is a serious examination of life in our present America, they haven't launched the project very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.