1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger dating service goes horribly awry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Rare Sumatran tiger at London zoo killed by prospective mate: 'We are heartbroken'

This gem:

Asim's arrival at the zoo last week had been trumpeted in a press release showing him on the prowl and describing him as a "strapping Sumatran tiger."

Head tiger keeper Kathryn Sanders said at the time that he had “made himself at home in his new, cozy den.”

“Asim is a handsome, confident cat who is known for being very affectionate with the ladies in his life - we're hoping he'll be the perfect mate for our beautiful Melati,” she said, according to Sky News.

Sounds like the jungle cat version of Ted Bundy...handsome and confident right up to the point where he wants to kill someone.

Zoos should probably not try to be Match.com.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to involve Perkins waitresses.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Very disappointing. Do you have any pictures of Pebble Beach?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I was expecting an Ambien story.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I was expecting to read that Tiger Woods had started an online dating service for golf nuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted