1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Successful State of the Union speeches are backed by considered plans of action. If a president talks about infrastructure modernization, it’s because he and his party have an infrastructure bill ready to go. The dysfunctional Trump administration does not; infrastructure is a term the president utters without ever much meaning anything by it."

State of the Union: Trump Doubles Down - The Atlantic

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I wore blackface at a party!

cyclingwriter2 and HanSenSE like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Wait, you have a Twitter account and you post here quite often, right? And you think staying off FB was the bullet you dodged? FB, to me, is harmless. It's easy to stay in your lane there

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't post on Twitter very much anymore. Rarely. I do post here most days. I have literally never even seen a Facebook page—I don't know have any real idea how it works, so I might be talking out my ass. But it seems to be the cause of a lot of drama. Friending, unfriending... In my little town, I hear Facebook scuttle all the time and it just sounds exhausting.

6. CD Boogie

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was thinking about how I could be undone by a past photo and realized that somebody could dig up that Halloween photo of me dressed up as a hobo from 1989 when I was five with the white paint clown mouth and fake stubble, grayscale it and it'd look incredibly racist.

I was safe from then on, because I think I went as Bernie Kosar for a good seven straight years after that.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At this point, it won't be the assault allegation that sinks Fairfax. A photo will surface of him in whiteface and he too will say it was a Michael Jackson impersonation.

CD Boogie likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I went to a party years and years ago, I'd say 2002 or 2003, where the whole point was to wear the most inappropriate costume ever. Every single person at that party would never work again if photos ever came out. It's like the bomb that I carry around on back, waiting for it to go off.

10. CD Boogie

You don't have to unfriend people; you just put them on ignore, same as we do to humps here. I've definitely taken breaks from FB, but it's definitely the town center when it comes to keeping up with people and events. I've literally almost missed wakes and funerals bc I was on a social media hiatus. Twitter is a cess pool. I erased my account a few years ago and don't miss it at all. It's useless IMHO. If something is truly news, I'll read about it soon enough. I don't need the conjecture and vitriol.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If we're talking Jacko late in life, you don't need blackface.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Good thing there's not a guy on the internet who doesn't like you to an irrational degree and has an entire site dedicated to that fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.