1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Was that sarcasm from Clay Travis? He's usually someone who takes pride in not being snowed by BS. At minimum, not admitting it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It’s a smirk! A bullying smirk!

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I can think of few things more useless than an instapoll on a Trump speech.

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Awaiting the flood of think pieces applauding his ability to stand upright and read a TelePrompter.

Just like Churchill!

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Chris Cillizza: He looked so presidential tonight! What a speech!

*two days later*

Trump: We should hang random Mexicans at the border as a deterrent to the others.

Cillizza: The 40 best threats Trump has made while in office. My column:

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Except trump thinks using TelePrompTer is for losers. He’s paying for his own campaign. Mexico pays.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was watching the Caps, but I tuned in at a commercial break only to hear him say El Paso is now the safest city in the country. For fuck's sake ...

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

El Paso is a pretty safe city. It has been a very safe city for decades. Pretty much like lots of city, crime has fallen dramatically there since the late 80s, early 90s. They built a fence well after crime rates had dropped dramatically in that city. Crime in New York (and lots of cities) dropped quite a bit during that period, and a fence had nothing to do with it either.

I don't know what pisses me off most about this crap. There is the hatred and racism inherent in the calls for a wall. There is the steady stream of blatant lies that pour out of his mouth to try to sell the shitty thing. There is the fact that we have a serious spending problem in this country (within a decade at this pace, we are Italy. ... Our debt is close to exceeding our annual GDP), and this is the nonsense he has people focused on. There is the fact that we are a nation of immigrants! Take anyone, including the hateful shits who want to wall us off, and they have grandparents or great grandparents who came here looking for opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.