1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic albums?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 16, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Listen I love Zeppelin, they're my favorite band of all time. But this is crazy talk.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

To bring this discussion into the 21st century, Funeral by Arcade Fire, The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem and Boys and Girls of America by The Hold Steady are the three albums of the last 19 years that I don't ever dare hit the skip on.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

My list was meant to be illustrative, rather than comprehensive. But since you ask:

Strangers in the Night: Out in the Street, I'm a Loser

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I counted -- that single sentence back in my White Album breakdown post is 154 words long. With like eight parenthetical clauses.

Yes, I did it on purpose. Heheh.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Every question that involves any rock album -- be it "best songs," "best cover," "best from beginning-to-end" -- has one and only one answer:

[​IMG]

garrow, Jssst21, Huggy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Starman

Slacker likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Cool. Just curious because that album is one of my favorites and UFO is a lost band of the era due to an incredible convergence of bad decisions and bad luck.

Schenker was 19-20 years old in this clip. It's remarkable that someone at that age could write and perform this. EVH and, to a lesser extent, Ritchie Blackmore get a lot of credit for creating modern metal guitar but it's negligent to leave Michael Schenker out of the conversation.

X-Hack and Captain_Kirk like this.
  8. Starman

Yep, that's among my 500 LPs packed in the attic. Along with Sandinista!

I think my project for this year is to set up my stereo, bust those fuckers out, and start playing them again.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

That was some pretty cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. In the deep recesses of my mind, I know had heard of UFO. First time listening. That kid could play. Can’t wait to read why success could not be found by them. My guess is three dudes playing shirtless was a factor.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

Enjoy.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

[​IMG]
    #notallthreedudesplayingshirtless

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted