1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think Trump is like a machine made to expose people for who they really are.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

upload_2019-1-16_20-41-31.jpeg
    "Your country elects a racist buffoon possibly aligned with Russia and hell-bent on shredding the Constitution and human decency all the while abetted and enabled by a feckless Senate majority leader."

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The FBI is still working.

Georgia man plotted attack on White House, authorities say

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Was just discussing this with a friend this afternoon. We're part of the media horde that will be down there all week. The potential for chaos and snafus unlike anything we've ever seen at such an event is real.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Good luck. At this rate, it looks like it could be a nightmare.

Shelbyville Manhattan likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Every time Giuliani does one of these seemingly idiotic interviews it’s to soften the ground for the next set of talking points.

So, do they have solid info that members of the campaign are nailed on conspiracy and this is the first step to try to insulate Trump and throw them all under be bus?

And does it matter if he didn’t know he was the beneficiary of a possibly illegal and definitely corrupt campaign?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    garrow and bigpern23 like this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

We have a large family trip planned to Disney in three weeks. Hotel/flight/park tix/etc. were booked in September. We're now seriously looking at renting an RV in the event the shutdown affects air travel.

Disney ain't giving us our money back if we don't show up.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He literally said on camera to the world, "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

And, literally, that day, Russia made its first attempt to break into Clinton's servers.

So, yeah, he fucking knew — and aided — Russia's successful attempt to influence our national election. That's obvious.

The question now is how will we as a nation react to the obvious influence of a foreign government on our democratic processes.

Sadly, I think the GOP is so worried about the detrimental effect on their party/power that they are willing to cede the influence to the Russians, rather than the Democrats. I truly believe they are putting party above country, and I'm sick about it.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

I hope this is resolved or doesn’t impact your trip.

11. Deskgrunt50

It’s easy to get focused on the daily circus, that is certain. And the objective of these bums in the White House.

When you pull back and focus on the big picture? The whole scam is painfully obvious.

Hopefully all the sniveling assholes who tied themselves to Trump when they KNEW he was a total disaster will be banished from public/political life.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

So, Mitt Romney, who in retrospect correctly talked very tough on Russia in the 2012 campaign, fails to vote “yes” on keeping important Russian sanctions. Vote fell three short of the needed 60, with 11 republicans joining Dems.

I won’t rush to judgement, but he seems Flake-y.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.