1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Executed? Seek help.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

4. Regan MacNeil

His shirt is inside out.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Keep me out of this.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Jolly Roger?

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree with this and I don't see why it is hard to understand. Trump is terrible but also totally incompetent. This should preclude his getting too much bad shit accomplished (though I will admit I felt much more sure that nuclear destruction would not occur with Kelly, Mattis etc in the game). Pence on the other hand while hateful and evil is much closer to an "average" Republican and his dangerous policies just might get some momentum. Pence would have never been allowed near the WH prior to Trump as he is crazy but now he looks down right "normal". For god's sake, his wife is teaching at a school that considers being gay a disqualifying "condition". That is some scary shit in 2019.

typefitter likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because it wouldn't be a tragedy without thoughts and prayers.

10. Regan MacNeil

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Eight Republicans pick the worst possible place to celebrate July 4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...f4d2a1aeef1_story.html?utm_term=.2f4d564a937c

What does July 4th mean to me? Freedom,” Sen. Ron Johnson chirruped on Twitter on Independence Day.

For the Wisconsin Republican, it meant, specifically, the freedom to spend July 4 in Moscow with seven other Republican lawmakers posing for propaganda photos with Russian officials. On the same day it was reported in Britain that two more people had been poisoned by a Russian nerve agent British officials say came from Vladimir Putin’s regime. On the day after the Senate Intelligence Committee affirmed the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the election to help Donald Trump.

Johnson and his colleagues apparently exercised their freedom not to meet with opposition or civil society figures (those whom the Putin regime has not imprisoned or killed), avoiding the risk of offending their hosts. They also exercised their freedom to soft-pedal their criticism of the Russian government, leading Russian politicians and state media to mock them as supplicants.

Yet despite this lavish display of the freedom to kowtow, they didn’t get the meeting they hoped for with Putin himself. He was busy, the Kremlin said.

There was a time, in the pre-Trump era, when Republicans would have erupted in fireworks over an Independence Day visit by submissive American lawmakers to the country the 2012 Republican presidential nominee called “our number one geopolitical foe.” (Relations have worsened considerably since then.) They called Jane Fonda “Hanoi Jane” and a traitor when she went to North Vietnam in 1972. After Democrats visited Iraq in 2002, Republicans ridiculed them as “Baghdad boys.”

So, what do we call these Red Square Republicans? My interlocutors on Twitter suggest “Moscow Mules.” Or, given the position they put themselves in before our masters in Moscow, perhaps they should be called the Prostrate Eight: Sens. Richard C. Shelby (Ala.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Hoeven (N.D.), John Neely Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) and Johnson, plus Rep. Kay Granger (Tex.).

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Edit: Why doesn't the board show link text instead of the URLs anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.