1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey @Driftwood - since we break up the political bs with Topsail talk, I'm trying to make a brief visit April 14-17 after a family thing in Raleigh. Trying to find a cheap place that will take the dog along with me for that stretch but if so I'm going to sneak in some extra beach time. Let's eat if I do.

Anyone else in the area join us and/or join me on the beach for an early session with the dog.

One joint I looked at was 110 a night so that's 330 for three nights. Total cost? 730 - 400 bucks in random taxes and "owner fees."

No thanks.

Oh wait, we break up the HURRICANE threads. My bad. Carry on

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Masterful tweet. Truly. Checks off all the boxes save that it's "couldn't care less."

Thing is, Clemson only plays Big Ten teams in bowl games.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And in very real ways, you lose all credibility when you say silly things like this.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Trump is the worst president ever, but his effects are muted because he's incompetent and doesn't really care about anything. Pence is a hateful fucker who could probably get some extremely evil shit done. That's what I'm saying.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Ted Koppel: Don't expect Trump to go quietly

Koppel wrote this column for the Washington Post, but here it is without a paywall ...

It is all but inevitable that whoever succeeds Trump in the White House will be perceived by 30 to 40 percent of the voting public as illegitimate -- and that the former president will enthusiastically encourage them in this perception. Whatever his failings, Trump is a brilliant self-promoter and provocateur. He showed no embarrassment, either as candidate or president, about using his high visibility to benefit his business interests. Untethered from any political responsibility whatsoever, he can be expected to capitalize fully on his new status as political martyr and leader of a new "resistance" that will make today's look supine.
    A new president may provide a sense of relief and normalcy. But he or she will not satisfy our craving for outrage. Trump's detractors are outraged by him. His supporters are outraged with him. He is a national Rorschach test. Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him. One way or another, Trump will be renewed for another season.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd love to know the reasoning behind those GOP votes against this.

garrow likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First they started spelling it Brittany and Britney, and I did nothing, because my kids were named Briana or Breeanna ...

swingline, HC and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Exactly why these types must be executed, jailed, or otherwise made unable to communicate with their cult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.