1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Does Thomas Sowell or Ben Shapiro meet that threshold?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No - I think I mangled that. I meant the opposite. I don't care what Streisand, Kanye or whomever think just because they are famous. But if they have a well-thought out argument...sure.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I have said all along that Obama should have fired Comey at sunrise on 11/9/16. But now I’m glad he didn’t.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He should have fired Comey when he made the preposterous announcement he found no legal basis to charge Hillary Clinton with any crime (as no one has ever found sufficient legal basis to charge her with any crime) and then went into a lengthy song-and-dance about all the supposedly questionable stuff she was doing (which was still insufficient to charge her with any crime).

I was no big fan of the old bag; I voted for her through gritted teeth and I certainly was well aware she had a long history of sketchy behavior. But the right wing screech machine has been furiously trying to find some crime, any crime, to hang on her ass for 30 years now, at some point they need to shit or get off the pot and actually charge her with something.

Obama should have called Comey in and said, "either charge her with something, or you're fired."

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If you voted for this, you're a very bad person.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure even Tom Wolfe never wore a straw boater. He was more of a matching/contrasting homburg guy.

Gay Talese was a famous fedora guy.

Nonfiction used to wear a hat.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

But he went to money school.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...3fca2-40a0-4cc2-8d9c-d4787edde1b4_story.html?

Boyd, president and founder of the National Black Farmers Association, has farmed his family property in Mecklenburg since 1983, and he says this is the most difficult year he has experienced. He’s struggling to pay the bills for his family of six, a goat, a cattle dog named Fatso and scores of pigs.

Boyd, who farms 300 acres of soybeans, checked his soybean crop Tuesday for moisture content before deciding it’s still too wet to harvest. In any case, the local grain elevator is buying beans for just $8.54 a bushel — nearly half the $16 a bushel he got in 2012.

He climbed aboard a tractor to start planting his winter wheat crop under a blue sky scudded with white clouds. But he quickly ran out of seed and couldn’t buy more. Without his anticipated support check of $13,200, he’s in dire straits.

“This shutdown is really affecting us dramatically,” he said. “We’re not in financial shape to miss a whole planting season. Congress needs to address this — with the urgency of now.”

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ubu up and at 'em. The sovereign's ablutions begin!

[Ron Howard voice] it hasn't

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OK, I'll play along. Where's your wife been during 95 percent of your term, Donny?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.