1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Struts fans -- their new CD is outstanding, maybe better than their first. I am only halfway through and love every minute of it.

They are still on tour, so go see them if they are near you.

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. They're very much self-aware as well, which makes it an enjoyable listen, too.

And listen loudly. My first time through I was thinking, "OK, good album." I had a moment to go louder the next time, and it really stuck.

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was unable to see Van Morrison when he came locally last month but am jammed that client booked two tickets for me and Mrs to see Van at Caesar’s in Vegas in February! He’s got such a huge library I’m hoping he plays something from my favorite album/cd “poetic champions compose”.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I saw NRBQ at Richie Coliseum College Park MD, February 1983 in the midst of a blizzard. It was awesome

They are playing Hamilton Live in DC the 28th of December. I might have to go even though we are all 35 years older

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would think you have a decent chance at hearing "Jackie Wilson Said." At a Vegas residency he's probably doing something close to a greatest hits show. But it's Van Morrison, so God only knows.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Love that song.

Good pun too!

7. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

SportsHack1818 I think we have a case against SNL for plagiarizing our thread exchange:

8. I just had a chance to see this. That's tremendous. I'll expect a residual check in the mail.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Get ready for Woodstock at 50. The description already makes it sound less like a concert and more like a convention for pretentious douchebags droning on about how awesome the original was and how much they want to use this one as a springboard to change the world, while chugging $8 waters and paying $250 a ticket.

Woodstock 50th anniversary concert site, dates confirmed for 2019

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Saw Elton John on Tuesday night in Los Angeles as part of his never-ending farewell our. Good, not great, show. He sang all of his hits and after a rough start, sounded good. Not sure if it was his voice or the sound mixing.

Elton mostly sat at his piano and when he walked around, he looked like the 71 years old man he is. The six-member band was really good.

The first time I saw him was in 1979. It's crazy to see him almost 40 years later.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll take a hard pass at that. It's like Old-chella all over again. I was hoping to go to JazzFest again this year, but now the Stones have made them rather prohibitive. I saw them in 1989 at the old stadium in Foxboro. They haven't made any good music since and they certainly haven't gotten better, so why bother?

12. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I can now say the best part of that Weezer set was that they did NOT play the "No Scrubs" cover.

Draft saved Draft deleted