1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

He does seem to be ratcheting up the crazy. I'm a little torn about it. Obviously, I want to see him get royally fucked up. But it seems the closer we get to such a resolution, the more likely it is that he does something tragically rash and dumb.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, one thing we know. His assessment of Tillerson's mental capacity didn't come from a written brief.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He 's gonna need a bigger bus!

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't think it is overreacting to despise a person that continues to support this "man". I give an initial pass to poor, scared uneducated voters that were feeling a sense of desperation. But the scumbags that continue to support him or even excuse his behavior because "Obama had Ayers as a pastor" own this and need to always be reminded that they are scum.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I assume he just found out about Tillerson's comments yesterday and that's the explanation for this tweet.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm with you. If you support Trump at this point, you're either stupid, racist, or an asshole. Probably all three. I still have a little sympathy for the dumb ones. The racists and assholes can go live in a cardboard box on Failurist Island for the rest of their lives.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, @heyabbott's act is a little tired, isn't it?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If you spent a fortnight in prison, was it really prison?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We were at dinner a couple of weeks ago, and the table next to us were 3 couples. 2 of the men were a little overserved and were being very pro-Trump. I (surprisingly for me), nicely asked them to keep it down as they were disturbing our dinner. Guy asks me if I don’t like Trump — I said I was very much anti-Trump but regardless, I just wanted to be quiet as I wanted to enjoy a night out with my wife.

They calmed down but as they were about to leave, the louder of the guys says to me that he loves Trump because it’s finally ok to be proud to be an American and we are finally being respected around the world. I asked him where does that belief come from and he says that CNN and MSNBC don’t want you to know the truth.

You simply can’t argue with people like that. They’ve tapped into a cycle of lies and any challenge to those lies is simply fake news which hates America.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when Rex Tillerson, as CEO of ExxonMobil, he said he wanted to have a better relationship with Chevron? Or when he said he believed in climate change after the executive director of the Sierra Club wrote him a letter, and that Rex then fell in love with him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.