1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

LSU vs UCF in the Fiesta. If UCF wins, they still ain't played anybody, right?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Penalize UCF because none of the capos in the five families will play them

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I can see it now. Greedy Williams and Devin White will declare for the draft and opt out of playing in the bowl game. The rest of the team will fall back on the excuse of "we don't care" and UCF will win and the debate will rage on.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

North Texas vs. a Matt Wells-less Utah State in the New Mexico Bowl.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Peach Bowl: Florida is 0-4 all-time against Michigan.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I'm sure Florida would rather go 0-5 vs. Michigan than set foot on a field against Central Florida
    I would bet the Gators were asked about a possible match and said thanks but no thanks

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU is opening as a 10-point favorite. I'm an LSU fan and I think that's ridiculous.

8. maumann

If the bowls still have the opportunity to "draft" the teams they want, I'm guessing the Peach Bowl had UCF last year, plus a chance to match the No. 7 and No. 10 teams against each other, and Atlanta has the largest UF alumni club in the nation. The payouts are the same, from what I can tell. Wouldn't think UF would be "skeered" to play UCF if the opportunity arose. Mike Bianchi agrees:

Memo to Peach Bowl: Gators want to play UCF, not Michigan!

EDIT: Florida is 2-0 all-time against UCF. And 0-1 against Michigan State, a fact my mother never fails to bring up in conversation.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The bowl system always has seemed to steer the interlopers to the kiddie table when the opportunity arises. Witness Boise State vs. TCU in the 2010 Fiesta Bowl.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They'll do that come March Madness as well, set a bracket to match two good mid-majors.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Of course, the game is in the Southeast. No way Florida would ever go out of the Southeast to play the Maize and Blue.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

Draft saved Draft deleted