1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossed Giblets of Death: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twirling Time, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Who'll be facepalming at the dinner table this Thanksgiving?

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Those threads were some of the first fiction I ever read.

Iron_chet and Huggy like this.
  3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

I'm an hour away from having some food from "the outside," as some local staffers are bringing in Iraqi cuisine for a lunch (involves lamb, not turkey) and then will do the traditional in the cafeteria for dinner. I'm told they put on quite a spread - roasted turkey, fried turkey, smoked turkey, etc. I just hope there are leftovers for tomorrow. That's the best part.

It's gorgeous here. Hope everyone stays warm where you are.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Hard to be anything but warm down here at the equator. I have no Thanksgiving plans other than a Skype call home that I expect will go at least an hour. If I'm feeling splashy, I'll pick up some turkey at the expat grocery store and make a nice sandwich.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

My wife will most likely be the one facepalming at the Thanksgiving table here in Saluda, NC. Just me, her and the dog at the family cabin, so pretty sure she’ll be sick of my jokes by 3 pm.

We did the traditional meal for Canadian Thanksgiving already, so the spread is duck breast (a first for us), roasted potatoes and sautéed swiss chard.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Our 14-year-old dog was able to fetch the heaviest newspaper of the year.

He was amply rewarded.

That's Thanksgiving in our house.

Chef2 and jlee like this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Exactly, some of the best fiction this board has ever seen, dueling for the clubhouse lead with Moddy and PC's take on the Spenser novels.

PCLoadLetter and typefitter like this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thankshallowistmas. ... Learn it. Live it. Love it!

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I'm the only one here younger than 70. I am 42. :(

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sounds like you should be able to pick up no problem.

Michael_ Gee and garrow like this.
  11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My dads have moved permanently to Florida. My mother still lives in Maine.

Since I didn't have Friday off, that meant I didn't have a relative to go to for Thanksgiving. I ended up going to a local gay sports bar to watch the Cowboys-Washington game.

I stuffed my face non-traditionally by going for garlic Parmesan wings and an arepa.

When I got home, I found out one of my roommates had made a plate for me. I ended up taking that in for lunch for today.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why is every can of cranberry sauce labeled upside down?
    Noticed this this year. We had four or five cans, different brands, and every single one of them has the top of the label pointing toward the thick bottom of the can that you can't get through with a can opener. So it's obviously an industry standard of some sort. But why?

Draft saved Draft deleted