1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU has gone from a 1-point favorite to a 2-point underdog at Texas A&M in two days.
    What is going on with that line?

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody is upset at the coach, just the tremendous series of events to get to that point culminating with something I do not recall seeing before.

[EDIT] 'Tremendous' is a bit strong for what leads up to the last score. But to go from potential kneel down to touchdown to called back to declined penalty for a touchdown would have been something else to go through live.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I find many of the Scott Van Pelt "Bad Beats" to be meh.

This Wyoming game is just bonkers.
    I was actually watching that game and turned it off early in the fourth quarter.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I/U Purdue total is sitting at a meaty 64.5.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from, and to some degree I agree with you. The more the national media has picked up on the story, the less visible Tyler Hilinski has become. But among Coug fans and this team, Tyler remains in the foreground. A lot of Coug fans on the various Facebook groups I'm part of still have a red #3 as the profile picture (myself included), or some other reference to Tyler. I think a lot of Cougs see Tyler as a sort of guardian angel watching over this year's team.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Here's a scenario for you (Not all that far fetched, either.)

Ohio State beats Michigan
    Georgia Tech beats Georgia
    West Virginia beats Oklahoma
    Washington State beats Washington
    LSU beats A&M

Alabama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    Does Ohio State jump LSU to get to 4?
    Does Wazzu get to 5?

I despise everything about the state of Oklahoma with every ounce of me, but I would love to see Alabama-OU play.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Bama, ND and Clemson are locks regardless of what happens this week - I don't think Ohio State is going to be getting any favors after that Maryland game. Oklahoma has been hurt by a down Big12 and a terrible UCLA team. Does Texas have the league's best non-con win against USC? That says a lot.
    And don't get me started about the Pac12.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Here's a good one.
    What if Georgia loses to Tech, but beats Alabama in the SEC Championship Game?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Out unless there's an outbreak of total chaos in other results.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's never been a 2-loss team in the playoff, and won't be unless there are fewer than four 1- or no-loss Power 5 teams.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gonna take some real stones to put in a conference championship loser and send the winner home. It's all so theoretical. Georgia's gonna be a 13 point dog in that game and I'm sure not betting them.

12. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

But one 2-loss team did make the BCS national championship game (which it won), LSU in 2007. Seems like that should be harder and require more chaos than making a four-team playoff. Both of LSU's losses that year were triple-overtime, & I believe there was a perception at the time that overtime losses weren't as bad as regulation losses.

Draft saved Draft deleted