1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Aperol Spritz, a very popular drink I discovered in Siena recently. Two parts Aperol, two parts Prosecco and one part soda water poured over ice and garnished with orange slice. Very refreshing and in Maui it’s 86F so I’ll be needing quite a few of these.

Webster likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

swingline likes this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Green tea

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Crystal Light Iced Tea with Lemon.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sugar-free sweet and sour mix topped off with Coke Zero. Stir it real good and you have a non-alcoholic Long Island tea.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Budweiser. After five days cramming on the Rules of Golf, I deserve it.

7. DanOregon

It always amazes me when "tourist spots" feature breweries that really turn out fantastic beers. Arrogant Bastard of San Diego remains an all-timer. Had my first one in a while - and it was great. Stone Brewing is a gem. Also had some Three Way IPA from Fort George Brewery of Astoria Oregon - it too is amazing.

Also worth looking out for anything from Sunriver Brewing (OR).

But my favorite beer remains to be - one I haven't had before - preferably from a brewery I haven't drank from before.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Stone Brewing & Arrogant Bastard are the same company. Just FYI.

I'm not an IPA guy. I can drink them and I don't hate them ... just not my jam.

Scotch Ales, Porters, Brown Ales, Pale Ales & Fruited Sours for me. My wife drinks the high-ABV IPAs and barrel-aged stouts, so our fridge is very varied.

9. DanOregon

Of course. That's why I said Stone is a gem. I didn't realize that they had spun Arrogant Bastard off with a whole line of consumables. There is even an AB with Jagermeister? Whoa.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweetwater's Guide Beer has turned into my quarantine go-to. Just 4% alcohol, so you can drink all day without getting hammered. And a part of the profits go to support conservation and fishing, skiing and MTB guides.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Some might say I like p*ss water but that’s okay, sipping a Modelo while BBQ going. Other times it’s Stella/Heineken/Sapporo/Corona. I like crisp and cold.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. DanOregon

[​IMG]
    I was worried that COVID-19 would limit/halt the issue of Octoberfest beers (since no festivals etc.) Man this is a good beer. A nice change of pace from IPAs.

Draft saved Draft deleted