1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It can't get any worse, can it?

Oh. It can. Now the University of Maryland is going to be paying a back-up punter a lot of money.

Toward the end of the practice, another player attacked Barber, attempting to punch him in the face, Barber said. While the two teammates were fighting, others tried to intervene and grabbed Barber’s arms behind his back, he said. That allowed the other player to punch Barber repeatedly in the face, leaving him with a black eye, needing multiple stitches on his forehead and a dislocated shoulder, Barber said.

Altercation between Maryland football players breaks out at practice in wake of Durkin drama

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So a player who spoke out about the culture being barbaric and toxic gets assaulted by the supporter of the coach who created a barbaric and toxic culture.

Guess we can add stupid to the list too.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I think the Baltimore paper should change their blog name to "Tracking the Perps"

tapintoamerica and Hermes like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Getting worse.

University of Maryland Foundation to regents: You may have dealt 'fatal blow' to $1.5B fundraising campaign
    Major University of Maryland donor halts funding over 'unacceptable' regents actions

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Someone get Kevin Plank on the phone............

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a fiasco

7. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

So where was Durkin, who returned to watch practice Tuesday, and what was he doing when the mocking and subsequent assault took place?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Probably inevitable, given his emphatic support for Durkin and his extortion of Loh.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maryland governor's election is Tuesday. Although Republican Larry Hogan is a strong favorite, most of the Regents are his people. Better safe than sorry.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Soooo ... take Michigan State and the three points?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted