1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 MLB playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As much as Kershaw has looked like he's struggling, Sale has thrown like 68 pitches through 3IP.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Freese knew Pearce was safe at first. He was surprised when it was called out.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So stupid that you can concede an intentional walk without throwing a pitch.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

10 o’clock in the east and only the top of the 5th. Sleep deprivation is a fact of life for hardcore fans

lakefront likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is an unusual fact of the Red Sox postseason that both their and their opponents starters, especially the best ones, have been so, well, less than effective. Does make for good games though.

6. CD Boogie

Buehler? JFC, where is everyone? Some sports board these days....

lakefront likes this.
  7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Kind of agree, but with all the bitching about the time and pace of the game it was a simple quick way to make it look like MLB
    was doing something to change it.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Kershaw looks like his usual postseason self. Red Sox look tough though. Tomorrow is going to be interesting. If Ryu can't get it done, this will be a short series (which would be amazing).

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exciting game; sending JD was a lifeline for Kershaw; Nunez becomes Lemke!!

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know if I've watched a complete inning of the playoffs this year. Too busy with election stuff. I was almost willing to root for the Dodgers, figured Kershaw's earned it, but then they crossed a picket line.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Over/under on how many times Joe Buck says the word “tingling” during Game 2?

I will say I think it’s an odd decision to start Price in Boston, rather than in the warmth of Southern California. Though Alex Cora has made virtually no missteps thus far in the postseason, so he deserves to be trusted.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Brock Holt won’t be stealing a taco

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted