1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Only one thing would have made that more epic -- if Roman had come out from the back (I kept waiting for him to come out and congratulate them on winning the belts) to try to calm down Dean, and Dean gave HIM a Dirty Deeds as well.
    You want to talk about cementing someone's heel status -- and finally getting Roman over as the ultimate babyface if and when he's able to return -- DDTing the guy with cancer would've done it.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Edge also retired the week after defending the belt at Wrestlemania 27 because of his neck injury. Again, not a deadly illness but still a champion who had to suddenly step away for good and probably the closest thing to Reigns' situation.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

4. nietsroob17

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Weirds me out that Vince in that video hugging Roman at gorilla.

6. nietsroob17

...isn't in... (?)

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Was Vince even in the building?

8. nietsroob17

I thought I saw Trips, Jamie Noble, Ranjin Singh and John Laurinaitis -- but yeah, no Vince, which is surprising because I can't believe Providence is that far from Stamford.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. Keyboard on this tablet has a mind of its own. Vince was Def there. He was almost Def running gorilla. I imagine it's some weird quirk where he doesn't like to be seen having emotion. It's so weird. From most of what we know abiut him I believe Vince is giving Roman everything he needs. As he should.

10. nietsroob17

Damn. Zelina Vega makes A.J. Lee look tall -- which I guess is kinda ironic considering she plays AJ in that movie on Paige's life.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn. I was hoping Braun would tip over the local medical facility's chemotherapy wing.

Tommy_Dreamer and Batman like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just spitballing, but Vince may have wanted Roman to have that moment for himself. In the past, Hall of Fame inductees have been told not to thank Vince because it's supposed to be about them. There also have been one or two times where Stephanie and others in the ring have said Vince doesn't want attention when he's backstage.

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted