1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Nature Valley granola commercial, or any other commercial that shows people running through canyons, kayaking solo down wild rivers, sprinting down trails in the middle of the forest, or driving winding country/mountain roads.
    First off, how the fuck did they get out there? These look like places that are 100 miles from any road.
    Secondly, stop making this shit seem like the pinnacle of human achievement. Some of us have jobs. Some of us don't live anywhere near places like these. Some of us would rather sit on the couch and get back to the football game or old Friends episode you're interrupting to passive aggressively tell us that our lives are being wasted and these jerks are doing it better than we are.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Or a better dad.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I always want to smack that girl. You mean your dad won't take you to your friend's house RIGHT NOW!!!!!!11!!! because he's in the middle of doing chores? What a horrible dad!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This place is much easier to navigate when the pieces of shit self-identify.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How does that brat not have a damn bicycle that she could ride over to her friend’s house?

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The in-game Google Assistant commercials during the baseball playoffs are so awkward.

“Hey Google, how much extra are they paying me to embarrass myself?”

“Not enough. You sound like an idiot.”

Hermes and HanSenSE like this.
  7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

I'm the only person on this board not afraid to stand up to racism, no matter the color?

There's safe space somewhere with your name on it.

8. TigerVols

So, you’re arguing white men are being discriminated against in many TV ads?

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'm arguing that racism is racism, and sexism is sexism. No matter what. The premise that people in this country are "owed" something because of past history in ridiculous and prejudiced.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As the dad wipes his forehead under the hot son, the thought has to occur:

“Fuck Jessica’s house. I’ll just drop her off at a truck stop and she’ll be a pimp’s problem...”

11. TigerVols

Seconded.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

A black man being married to a white woman is not racism. A black man being portrayed married to a white woman is not racism, you piece of shit.

You're ignored, so don't bother responding.

Draft saved Draft deleted