1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Did you hear the fans boo Undertaker when he said Crown Jewel last night? Apparently, the fans in the arena also booed when the visuals were put on the screen promoting the show.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Things were too shoe-horned in the two hours. Booker and Lawler in the tag match was pointless (kept missing their cues), and so was Taker. Not sure if he had his time cut, but all he did was deliver the same line he did the night before on Raw.

Hell, Triple H was there. I would've liked to see him take out Taker on the ramp at the end.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  3. nietsroob17

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Agreed. This is the type of special show that should be 3 hours. The problem, though is that Raw is rarely special enough to be three hours.

5. Baron Scicluna

I may have missed it, but did the E even mention that it was being held in Saudi Arabia even once in the last couple of shows?

6. nietsroob17

As much as they constantly mentioned "the kingdom of Saudi Arabia" for the Greatest Royal Rumble, they haven't said it once over the last week or so.

I think the fans were also probably pissed because the heavily promoted return of Taker was not to talk about the history of Smackdown and instead just to shill Crown Jewel for 10 seconds.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

Just watched the pre-taped Tegan Nox match in the Mae Young Classic. Probably the toughest in-ring injury I've seen in WWE (at least for one of the women) since Candice Michelle slipped off the top rope and fractured her collarbone against Beth Phoenix.

8. John B. Foster

9. Baron Scicluna

I remember that one. The ref looked like he wanted to kill Beth after she dragged Candice away from the ropes to pin her.

10. Baron Scicluna

I remember him mostly with that Rebel gimmick in WWF, which he was miscast (also, not a chance in hell that character is used today). I also remember him in early 90s WCW, mostly as a tag team with Dick Murdoch called the Hardliners. They were set to have a fantastic program with the Steiners and were portrayed as major threats during the Steiners' peak, but Scott got legitimately hurt.

Bit before my time, but he worked with Dark Journey as a valet in Watts' territory back when that was very controversial. There's also some interesting stories of him out of the ring.

RIP

John B. Foster likes this.
  11. John B. Foster

She was more than likely penciled in to win this year's tournament. Will probably be Toni Storm or Io Shirai instead (which are the 2 best options excluding Tegan).

12. Baron Scicluna

I just watched it too. It blows my mind that she tried to continue with a broken leg and her knee totally shredded.

There's also a couple of tapes of Trips consoling her and him rallying the crowd because they were extremely upset.

Draft saved Draft deleted