1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The entire KFC ad campaign.

I just really find it hard to believe that a company would take it's founder and make him into a cartoon caricature of himself. Seems incredibly rude and sacrilegious, and just besmirching the memory of the reason every person working there has a job.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"We're the Salmon Sisters."
    Hearing that for the 10,000th time makes me want to torpedo their boat.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Sling service “Slinging” commercials.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Rachel Dratch in the Ruby Tuesday commercials. Especially that lounge singer bit for the salad bar.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't recall which carmaker it was, because I tuned it out after the fifth or sixth time it ran; but the one where Employee of the Year "Anna" quits her job, walks out as the entire city watches her, then buys this super-powerful new car.

How does she buy this thing unless she saved her money because how is she getting a loan without a job?

Batman likes this.
  6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'm sure the "Skittles-pox" commercial is mentioned in here somewhere, and is likely a candidate for #1 worst.

That said, the stupid insurance commercial with the woman and her "she-shed" ... what the hell is a she-shed? Is that like a mancave?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yes. Her "she-shed" is her little spot.
    (Random question: does anyone get the vibe that her husband set the she-shed on fire?)

I freakin' hate the stupid Turkitarian ads for Butterball turkey. Get these bland white people off of my TV until the week before Thanksgiving.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

She-shed grates my nerves. “Somebody finally burned down my she-shed” So, you’ve been receiving threats, or what?

I also hate Liberty’s new jingle. Liberty, Liberty, Liberty...Liberty. Who wrote this? The guy who wrote the score to 60 Minutes?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That Skittles-pox commercial is just creepy.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hell yes he did. Either that, or he set up an ungrounded lightning rod and let nature take its course.

I don’t see any kids there. He could go out for cigarettes and never come back.

Wenders, Batman and expendable like this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can't f'ing believe the Andersons are still getting tickets to the game.

For, what, the 3rd season in a row???

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The new Capitol One commercial, which uses "Let's Go Crazy" as background music.

I'm sure someone from Prince's extended family is cashing in, but for a guy who wouldn't even let his music be on YouTube or Spotify, he must be spinning in his grave.

Draft saved Draft deleted