1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 24, 2018.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Give me UCLA and 11. That’s juicy. Bruins haven’t covered yet and Colorado’s wins over Colorado State and Nebraska look less impressive.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If Arkansas lost to Colorado State why would it be unreasonable to believe they will probably lose to both Vanderbilt and Tulsa and go 0-12?

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Because the Hogs won their first game of the season, and 0-12 is out of reach?

cjericho likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That victory is being reviewed by a replay official, who may well overturn it.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Nebraska is horrible and Purdue is better than the 1-3 record.

I'll take BYU and the big number at the Huskies.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think Meachum wasn't getting along with Patterson at TCU. KU might have looked like a place he could get credit for improving the offense. There were actually two serviceable quarterbacks on the roster when he got there -- Willis and the Cozart kid who transferred to Boise.

But Beaty continues to micromanage the offense into the ground.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It shouldn't make a difference, but Forde-Yard Dash and Forde Minutes always was a must read fir me
    But last year, Yahoo split his columns into four pieces instead of running it all at once
    I never read it now
    I either never find it or it's too much of a pain in the ass to find all four pieces

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At least Sweeney didn't play him against Syracuse, then make the switch after 1-2 series. As the story says, it saves a year of eligibility. Not sure if that was by design, but if so, good on Sweeney. Some coaches would not have done that.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If I didn't know he transferred from Ohio State, Joe Burrow looks like he's about 16 years old and I'd assume he had three more years.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So does he stay in school while not playing? That would be tough.

Draft saved Draft deleted