1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by justgladtobehere, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just caught up. Great. And, I think, confirms this will be a five-season show. Jimmy becoming Saul rapidly.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

We can now start to see how Kim will fail to appear on the BB timeline. She's caught Slippin' Jimmy Disease, and my guess is she takes the fall for him and is in jail during the BB run (or Jimmy sets her up for the fall to save his own ass). I don't think she dies either way.

3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I think what will happen is, Kim has to go into hiding, has RADICAL plastic surgery and marries Walter White.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Kim is pushing him.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely. Big rift in their ethics.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Sticking point: in the flashback, or a guess from saul flash forward, when he tells Francesca “tell em jimmy sent you” I assumed it was Kim. But Kim would know either know the name Saul, or wouldnt be around if she was jailed. Maybe its Howard? Maybe theres another way its Kim....

7. clintrichardson

The real suspense for me now is, will this season be it? It seems like Jimmy will officially become Saul Goodman by the end of this season—which would be a degree of completion if AMC decides not to renew, although clearly we need another season to see exactly how Saul advances within the drug trade. And if the entire series concludes without a cameo from Walter White (or at least Jesse Pinkman, who makes more sense) that would be a serious disappointment.

Also, as I watch the series I find myself thinking of Revenge of the Sith in the Star Wars series. Saul hanging up his shingle will be like the moment when the Darth Vader outfit is clamped onto Anakin Skywalker.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's been renewed for season 5. I have to believe that will be it, though. I think there's enough left to fill 10 more episodes, but I don't see it stretching any further than that.

9. JimmyHoward33

Depends on the financials. I mean theoretically they could go all the way into BB, and just show us what Saul was doing away from Walter White. Fair to assume Walt was one of many clients. They could also FF and show us more Gene/Cinabon stuff....does Saul/Gene continue misery as punishment, or he comes full circle back to Jimmy and get his soul back? Id watch.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Calling my shot here: The Cinnabon Gene stuff isn't real. I think it's Saul/Jimmy imagining his best-case scenario and it is still depressing.

There have been some clues. Some dates don't make sense, and the creators obviously pay a lot of attention to detail. Also, when he says in Breaking Bad he could end up managing a Cinnabon in Omaha, he's just talking about a generic mundane, anonymous life. He has no way of knowing at that point where he will end up.

It's still possible he doesn't make it out of Breaking Bad alive and/or free.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. clintrichardson

My sentimental hope for the end of the show is a flash forward sequence in which Jimmy is at the Cinnabon and is finally tracked down...by Kim, who he had somehow alienated in the "real-time" timeline, and they live happily ever after.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

I have my issues with Vince Gilligans style at times, but I’ll give him a lot of credit because whatever it is, his ending will be concrete, not some hodge podge like Mad Men or Sopranos

Draft saved Draft deleted