1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports gambling legalized

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, May 14, 2018.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is a great PR move for the sports book involved. If nothing else, customers now know this place is going to honor the prices it posts. Bettors can hardly ask for anything more than this and fair prices.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

One thing I did not know until yesterday, that was a written ticket on a bet made at the window. I had always assumed it was done online. You mean a teller made that bet and handed the ticket and didn't notice that error?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

In tellers' defense, they print a lot of tickets with crazy odds. Gotta keep the machines humming so it's on the bettors to check tickets, or move on. And you know that bettor took the ticket and ran from the window like it was on fire.

But yeah, definitely great PR for the book and well-played on timing.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I use the Draft Kings app in NJ. I haven't done anything exotic or used the in game stuff yet (hate the huge vigs), but it has worked perfectly so far.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

In the "not legalized" department, a Florida amendment passed yesterday that will outlaw greyhound racing by 2020. Can't argue with that, having owned a retired greyhound many years ago and knowing how most of those dogs are treated, but I enjoyed living around Tampa Bay in my 20s and spending many lazy evenings at Derby Lane.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Good. Hope it's banned. We're a better society than this.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted