1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s an election year, the McConnell rule says clearly no SCOTUS hearings in an election year. Case closed. End of discussion.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That a current President who nominated said SC nominee may have broken laws while running for office.
    If you rob a bank and get caught, they don't let you keep the money.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

My error was in failing to keep up with the most recent development, not hopeless stupidity.
    1) The commission considered closing 87 rural locations.
    2) This raised the concern of several groups.

But several state agencies and civil rights groups protested the proposal and urged commissioners to consider an alternative to closures.

“This decision has the potential to negatively impact low-income, elderly, voters of color, and other Texans who use these offices to obtain identification to vote in Texas under the state’s photo identification (photo ID) law and to register to vote, which is required by the National Voter Registration Act,” wrote the Texas Civil Rights Project and the Legal Defense Fund in a joint statement.
    3) The commission voted to table the matter for now.

Texas panel rejects proposal to close 87 driver's license offices. For now.

Alabama tried to do this a few years ago. I forget if they succeeded or not. Georgia tried to close seven of nine precincts in a majority black county. This effort failed.

Suggesting republicans will try multiple tactics to disenfranchise of dilute the voting power of their opponents is far from a mindless assertion. Please restrict comments about inferior intellect to your boy in the White House.

BadgerBeer and goalmouth like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Drain the swamp!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

May have?

LOL. OK, what laws may he have broken?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Would you hire a financial adviser who was under federal investigation, but not yet charged or convicted, with, say, fraud?

Don't worry. We all know the answer.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Cruz reaching out to Trump for help really is amazing. I doubt anyone who would vote for Cruz cares how stupid this looks, but it sure is hilarious.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

"I know you said my dad was a murderer and my wife is ugly, but I might be in deep shit against this Beto fella, so... Bygones be bygones?"

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Oh, no....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.