1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP John McCain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Donny in his element, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can understand denying that President Trump is a bigot. I'm not sure I agree, but I understand it. You seem to be saying you don't care if he is a bigot or not. That does not speak well of you.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So nice to see you sharing your toys with rainman. I know how much you love that broad brush of yours.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of conservatives saying the same thing, man.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And by Mexican descent does that mean you or your father was a rapist or just a murderer. If I hear the President right. you people that come over here or are sent here are the worst of the country.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You do realize, don't you, that your boy Sheriff Joe would order his thugs to accost you on the street and demand you to show proof of citizenship if you "look Hispanic" right? And you do realize that your boy Trump considers Sheriff Joe an American hero, right?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Don't forget that he must also be a member of MS-13.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Isn't MS-13 a Central American gang?

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

"It’s outrageous that the White House would mark American hero John McCain’s death with a two-sentence tweet, making no mention of his heroic and inspiring life,” Joe Chenelly, AMVETS national executive director, said in a statement.

“By lowering flags for not one second more than the bare minimum required by law, despite a long-standing tradition of lowering flags until the funeral, the White House is openly showcasing its blatant disrespect for Senator McCain’s many decades of service and sacrifice to our country as well as the service of all his fellow veterans.”

Disclosure: Joe's a friend of mine. He's also a Marine veteran who was with one of the first units into Afghanistan after 9/11. And AMVETS is the same group that tried to place a #PleaseStand ad in the Super Bowl program last winter.

Slacker and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I never realized Rainman was here to steal our jobs.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Final point, after reading a reminder of the 50 yr anniversary of Arthur Ashe, I am reminded that as current minorities, we enjoy the life we have now in large part due to the sacrifices and struggles of those who fought for civil rights for all in the 50's and 60's. Its sobering to remember that my wife and I would not have been legally allowed to marry but for the Lovings in Virginia. Yes, the civil rights that were recognized in the late 60's, which apparently Rainman and others take for granted, were not available up to the mid-60s. Did you forget that you would have been required to stay at a "Mexicans Only" hotel? Or the Colored Only toilet/pool/restaurant?

While Blacks have many times shunned the support of Asian organizations (that I was a part of), I will always think of, and thank, Blacks for being the primary movers of civil rights for ALL minorities.

But I guess if you're making $$ now, who cares about civil rights or supporting those who fought that struggle. BTW, I'd think you'd at least think of Cesar Chavez because you know without him, you and your generation would still be working in the fields for indentured servitude and paying for company housing. Or is it okay to go back to those conditions so long as you're making $$?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A lawyer from Mexican descent who guards the border part time. You are one busy asshole.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“It was a tough battle, but I stood my ground and won hard-earned concessions from the American Legion. Art of the Deal!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.