1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Even if this point is valid, you are arguing that regulation will make the ISP marketplace less competitive, and that it does not need to be regulated, because the ISP marketplace includes the competitive cell phone marketplace, which is regulated.

It makes no sense.

As to this specific point: 17 percent of middle income Americans rely on cell phone service as their only ISP (Washington Post, April 2016). Two of the major cell phone providers are also major broadband providers (Verizon and ATT). So one could question to what extent Wired/Wireless providers actually compete.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, Rudy.

Giuliani: If Trump is impeached Americans will 'revolt' - CNNPolitics

Let's see: The American people didn't revolt when a president who was elected to his second term was impeached for lying under oath about his sex life. But, in Rudy's world, they're going to revolt because of impeachment of a president in his first term who didn't even win the popular vote for possible treason, obstruction of justice in criminal cases and perhaps tax evasion.

Yep.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

(1) Just because wireless carriers might be regulated doesn’t mean they won’t make the ISP marketplace more competitive. It’s still more options for consumers—even if there might be even more competition than that were there less regulations in both markets.

(2) Check this out re: investment and see what you think—although it is evidence from a different market.

http://www.progressivepolicy.org/wp...r_The-Best-Path-Forward-on-Net-Neutrality.pdf

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Depends on what frequency he’s on.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Depends. Sweet or unsweet tea?

Hermes likes this.
  9. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

Coming soon from Dolt 45. "The Trump Organization? Everybody knows I had very little to do with that group. I started it and ran it for 27 days, I believe. I just found out last week that it was still operating under my name. But even if they made payments to silence sidepieces that I lied about even knowing, that's not a crime in even-numbered years."

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I'll try dumbing it down one more time.

1. Paying someone off not to talk isn't illegal.

2. There is no evidence this came from the campaign fund.

3. Even if it did, candidates are allowed to contribute as much as they want to the fund.

4. Davis got Cohen to admit to something there is no evidence of. In other words, he did the prosecution's job for them.

I can't dumb it down anymore than that. If you are still lost, I can't help you.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

How many times can you behead a guy?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Just when you decide to take a day off from the news cycle all hell breaks loose again.
    I don't know how it's all going to end but there are going to be a lot of books written about whatever era this is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.