1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. I may have to give it another go. I quit after 2 episodes.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

watching it with closed captioning helps.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sharp Objects nearing the end.

Creepy vibe that’s been well done.

Really tough subject matter, Amy Adams has done a nice job, Patricia Clarkson is fantastic.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm about to binge Sharp Objects and just get through them all in a week. Very excited.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anybody have any thoughts on the "Arrowverse?" Watched one of the crossover events on netflix and except for Supergirl and The Flash, all the rest looked like Kmart superhero knockoffs.

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

So how did she get all those words carved on her back? Is it supposed to be supernatural?

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Arrowverse is a guilty pleasure. Arrow was good in the beginning, but has since become silly. Legends of Tomorrow is fun in very shallow ways. The acting across the Arrowverse is ... not good. The story telling is ... lacking. But dammit if I'll keep the dvr set and watch it when the Mrs has gone to bed.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wife's been saying that the whole time. I figured maybe long arms?

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just finished the first season of Goliath. That got way worse the last couple of episodes and turned from a pretty decent courtroom drama to something which looks like it was being written on the fly.

Anyone see season 2 and is it worth it?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I gave up on Arrow after a couple of seasons. The same happened with Flash. I didn't last past a couple of episodes with Supergirl or Legends of Tomorrow. I did give Supergirl another look because I heard good things about their version of Superman, which was decent, but none of the Arrowverse stuff kept my attention.

A comic book fan such as myself should have been their target audience. I watched most of Smallville when it aired, with the exception of one of the seasons in the middle when it really seemed to lose it way. That show opened the door for the Arrowverse. It even had many of the same flaws. Some of the plotlines were shit and as an actor, Tom Welling tends to remind you that he got his start as a model, but that show had its moments.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. outofplace

I had the same question. I don't think we're dealing with any supernatural elements, but even long arms wouldn't explain those scars on her back.

It is interesting to me that we've seen two characters who are cutters on mainstream shows recently. There was a supporting character who was a cutter on the second season of 13 Reasons Why. I honestly don't know much about it.

12. outofplace

What did you think about the end of the season? Kind of depressing with a touch of absurd. (The bit with Cole and the urn.)

Draft saved Draft deleted