1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

04C3B609-0415-4393-8C4D-2B73CEB5F681.jpeg
    It’s not that trump on his best day on the planet could have been a quarter this articulate or literate, he couldn’t. It’s that in trump’s most lucid day on the planet he could not read and comprehend the words of Madison.

Fred siegle and TowelWaver like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The letters that people wrote in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries can be amazing to read.

Iron_chet likes this.
  3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figure they kept the receipt.

lakefront likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A combination of many factors. But one that always intrigued me was that even illiterates understood the Bible, because it was read to them. In a book on Lincoln’s crafting the Gettysburg Address it says that Lincoln wove and alluded to biblical phrasing in to many of his speeches, not just the passages, but cadence and even choice of words.
    The literates of 17-19th century had only the classics to read, and because of that they were extraordinarily literate.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LA Times story on grifter Elliott Broidy. Embedded in the highest levels of the Republican party, but I think this isn't about red or blue. I know there are horrible democrats.

It's just so depressing to me that we have spectacularly wealthy people who are completely rotten to the core in the business dealing, personal dealings.

This is our 1%ers. Jesus, that is depressing.

A tale of two scandals, with a rich Trump donor, kickbacks and a Playboy playmate

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I can bring my slingshot!

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It doesn’t sound like she’s familiar with the contents of her own book.

10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I love how Rudy looks perpetually confused and Sarah looks surly

11. Slacker

Cliffhanger alert!

Bechard’s lawsuit includes what Broidy’s lawyers describe as “sensational allegations” about his sex life. A judge has let Broidy keep that part of the complaint under seal, but only temporarily. If the court rejects his request to block the disclosure permanently, those details will soon become public.

12. Slacker

That's because Rudy is perpetually confused and Sarah is surly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.