1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Josh Hader of NFL writers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 24, 2018.

1. georgealfano

georgealfano Active Member

What would be more likely to disqualify a candidate for a writing position, a stupid Twitter post or a poorly-written story if both were from four years ago?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Three things with any job candidate: I Google the name, I check Twitter, I check Facebook.

Had an interesting candidate one time, at least on paper. A friend of our EE's sent it to the EE, who passed it on to me. I'd usually take a look and if I liked someone, would pass it on to my deputy to see what he thought. If he agreed with me, we'd move forward. With this candidate, I had to get something done so I asked him to take the first look.

It took him like five seconds on Google to find out this guy had been nailed in one of those "why don't you take a seat over there" stings. Explained the five-year gap.

You ain't hiding shit these days, so don't even try.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Holy crap -- like he was actually on one of those NBC stings, or something similar?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Actually on it - did five years.

5. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

That’s too much icky

Draft saved Draft deleted