1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

147th Open Walking Thread presented by Johnnie Walker Blue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? I can't think of any places that look less like Carnoustie than those. If you're talking about the scores, the R&A has always accepted that when there's that one in ten British summers that are dry and warm, the Open courses will get baked and scores will go low. They don't give a shit. Why should the rest of us?

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

When I turn into the Open, I want rain sideways and 30 mph wind. That'll get me to watch.
    If I want sunny and mild, I can get that 40 weeks a year.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Weather control is hard, even for the R&A.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It’s interesting to me because the course looks like some of the baked out shit holes I play.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

melock likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Didn't see Kevin Kisner shooting 5-under. Guessing not many did.

Woods probably could've been 2-under. Even-par is certainly in the mix, but those dropped shots could be very costly. He's going off in the morning wave in the rain. If the wind is up, it'll be tough for everyone in the morning. Weather looks to clear for the afternoon times.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Ah, this is a little better today. Wouldn't want the players to make that long trip and not use their rain gear.

Tiger at No. 2 -- now there's some stupid golf fans.

8. poindexter

So Zach Johnson still wears his stupid sunglasses in the rain.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Even with him sacrificing so much length to stay in the fairways he probably gave up two more strokes today with putting mishaps. Even par will probably put him 8-9 back and far enough out of contention going into tomorrow.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

There are times in the rain when I feel like my polarized sunglasses give me a better view. .... and I know keeping things out of my eyes which might irritate my contacts is always a consideration.

11. poindexter

Do you look like a bozo like Zach Johnson?
    [​IMG]

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’d wear your grandmothers nightgown to play like him

Draft saved Draft deleted