1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better racism, less pizza, Papa Johns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Every time I'm in the UP, I feel like I'm on another planet.

I went to a high school football game up there. One of the most bizarre experiences of my life. In a good way.

I Should Coco and exmediahack like this.
  2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

We had TYME in Wisconsin as well. I was coaching at the Don Nelson/Satch Sanders basketball camp in Henniker, NH in the 90's and I remember the confused looks on people's faces when I asked where the nearest TYME machine was located. One guy pointed to his watch.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As has been mentioned here previously, I grew up on Brooklyn, 4 blocks from what is considered to be one of the best pizza places in the country. We also had 2 great bagel places about as close.

If I never hear another debate about New York pizza or Brooklyn bagels, it would still be too soon.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Sorry about this. Sometimes I just like to throw a piece of raw meet into the dog pen and see what happens. Or in this case pizza into a borough.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Where at? I think I have been to almost every HS football field in the UP during the 90s when I was an intern/cub reporter for the TV station in Marquette.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Next up in Debates Very Few People Care about: Carolina or Kansas City barbecue

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Followed by describing the difference between "barbequing" and "grilling" to anyone in the upper Midwest. :)
    Like "pop" or "soda" those words are used the same there even though they mean different things! :)

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Anything that they plop a scoop of cole slaw on does not count as serious BBQ.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Arthur Bryant, HOF?

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Hey, fucker. I’m sitting in the lawn at McGonigle’s Market in KC eating burnt ends RIGHT NOW. Case closed.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Also, good call on omitting Texas.

Hermes likes this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

It's the ONLY true BBQ.

Draft saved Draft deleted