1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a movie version of "Cats" in development, Tom Hooper directing, starring Ian McKellen, Anne Hathaway, James Corden, Taylor Swift, and Jennifer Hudson. They're trying to sign Rhianna as well. Sounds good. We'll see.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who plays TC?
    395E7FBA-0691-4822-B728-3AC8EFBB68B6.jpeg

Fred siegle and justgladtobehere like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Tom Cruise is about to bring out a new "Mission Impossible" action film. He is older than Wilford Brimley was when he did "Cocoon".

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And he apparently still loves to do his own stunts. Though he is only 56. Samuel Jackson is still doing action movies at 69, with a sequel to the Hitman's Bodyguard in the works.

5. Neutral Corner

He got hurt pretty bad doing that jump across to the other building. I suspect that he'll be availing himself of stunt men more in the future.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Harrison Ford will be 77 when he films the next Indiana Jones. Still looked spry in The Force Awakens. But he has crashed a few planes and broken an ankle since then.

In an overall mediocre-to-bad flick, Ford was good in Crystal Skull. But he was young then, just 66.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Saw Equalizer 2 yesterday. Like most sequels it wasn’t that great. Not a Taken 2 awful just very slow moving and not nearly as good as the first. I hope they don’t but I’m sure they will make an Equalizer 3.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We saw it last night and it was wonderful.

When it showed the Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood from SNL, I was almost angry at Eddie Murphy for denigrating the man, even though I loved the skit at the time.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

And I'm guessing will play a younger version of himself in Captain Marvel.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel (2019) - IMDb

No need to guess. Jackson was already announced as part of the cast for Captain Marvel. The movie will also mark Clark Gregg's return to the MCU as Agent Phil Coulson for the first time since Avengers and Lee Pace playing a pre-Guardians of the Galaxy Ronin.

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I liked much of E2 better than E1 and rate them about, er, equal. First one had a great master villain. Second, some better lines. I'm hoping we see Denzel and Liam Neeson team up soon in a buddy movie to kick ass at the corrupt nursing home into which they've both been moved.

Draft saved Draft deleted