1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jun 11, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure he is.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Clay Travis will help get his boy to the SECessionist Conference ASAP.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Kirby Smart is going to tell his quarterback to stay the hell away from the lake from now on.
    Jake Fromm broke his left (non-throwing) hand in a boating accident. He was in a boat that was towing a friend (story doesn't say, but I'll assume they were water skiing) when the rope came down on his hand.
    The injury isn't considered serious, but it comes a few weeks after Fromm got a fishing lure stuck in his leg and had to go to the emergency room to have it removed.

Georgia's projected starting QB Jake Fromm suffers broken hand in freak accident

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mississippi State is taking a unique approach to concessions this season. It's actually reducing prices -- by a lot.
    Only $2 for a hot dog, $3 for a BBQ sandwich, and $2 for a 22-ounce soda, among others. The prices will be in effect at all venues, too, and not just football

Mississippi State Athletics reduces concession prices at all venues

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

This will help fans afford more cowbell.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Recruiting against Larry Fedora just got a lot easier.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was going to wonder if football coaches had the least amount of self-awareness when it comes to where their field stands in the grand scheme of things.

But then I remembered I spent a decade of my life writing pointed emails at people who worked for me because they didn't get enough quotes from a high school softball coach for my liking. So I'll shut up.

9. tapintoamerica

The War on Football is a War on Amurrrica!
    If I remember my history correctly, this country achieved the following before Football was born:
    * Won an initial War for independence.
    * Crafted a constitution and a form of governance that the world (aside from the current president and his BFF in Russia) revere.
    * Preserved independence by fending off a British Invasion in the early 19th century.
    * Put itself back together after an internal insurrection in the 1860s.
    * Created national infrastructure with railroads.

I don’t think changes in the rules of a violent game will imperil our core.

garrow likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

Given his denial of a link between football and CTE, I presume Fedora thinks the Earth is a flat, 10,000-year-old surface with a perfectly stable climate.
    And that there was no collusion.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

There's usually one CFB coach willing to step off that ledge each year. Fedora took a running start and jumped.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Someone needed to ask Coach Hat if the Viet Cong played football.

Draft saved Draft deleted