1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Morocco playing like they have nothing to lose and takes the lead

2. Spartan Squad

PK to Iran but Spain ties it up

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Interesting ending to Iran-Portugal.

They went to video review on a foul by Renaldo, but he received a yellow card, not a red, for elbowing someone in the face away from the play.

I used to root for Michael Jordan and the Bulls, so I totally understood. ;)

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So my Christmas gift to my children turned out to be tickets to one shitshow of a soccer match, the nilliest nil-nil draw that was ever nilled. It's lucky for my they loved the rest of their trip to Russia. I don't see France going far, and I sure as hell don't see Denmark beating Croatia.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They can tell their grandchildren they saw the first 0-0 of the 2018 FIFA World Cup!

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Hold up. I just saw on TV a guy carrying a holder with four beers in the stands. Not only could he buy more than two beers at once, but they gave him something to carry them all to his seat! Why you no offer an SJ outing party at the World Cup? With the promise of four beers at a time, turn out would have been great! We'd just Shanghai BTE to get our drunk asses around the country

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Hot take: Argentina is mentally soft.

9. Spartan Squad

Nigeria should be getting a second PK

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Kicking the ball into the arm of opponent while in the penalty area" seems to be the most effective offense.

11. Spartan Squad

Interesting

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is missing the World Cup good for the US? Will it finally force the US federation to develop a long-term program, rather than zigging and zagging through the various whims of the coach of a particular cycle?

Draft saved Draft deleted