1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because the response to -- be careful what you wish for -- won't have anything to do with physical violence, particularly after the person issuing it wrongly stated she wanted to harm the people he intends the tweet for.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And your boy in the White House is allowed to reject brown skinned people at the door while allowing in hot European models.
    And there's that thorny problem of the 14th Amendment, which says no state shall deprive any person in its jurisdiction the rights to life, liberty and property without due process of law. That one apparently doesn't count because it's not the Second Amendment and because it's one of the Amendments put into place to give rights to recently liberated slaves. Your boy Roy Moore told you those could be ignored.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That's just a soupy mess of a sentence.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

not that hot.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm pinched on this. In my state, the election of a non-Republican to national office has become so rare that it is a nationally newsworthy event. OTOH, the Republicans elected here are among the biggest loons in Congress. I typically vote in the Republican primary in an attempt to moderate the damage, since it is the de facto general election in most cases.

The Alabama State Democratic party has become the fiefdom of a racist black power broker, with the assistance of a completely idiotic and ineffectual white woman. In 99% of the races there are no moderates to vote for, from either side. Jefferson County (Birmingham metro, majority black) does elect Dems, and once in a while those nominees don't leave a bad taste in my mouth.

In the upcoming Governor's race, I do have a smart, competent, and principled young Democrat to vote for, and he actually has something of a chance to win. Walt Maddox has been the mayor of Tuscaloosa since 2005, including the tornado disaster and rebuild there. He gets 80% of the vote there, Democrat or not. The current Governor, Kay Ivey, was the zero influence placeholder at Lt. Governor until Gov. Boobgrabber Bentley got the boot. She is the female version of an empty suit, but the guys pulling her puppet strings are influential. She refused to debate any challenger in the primary. She's basically an incompetent, as State Treasurer she ran the fund for state residents to invest over time in their child's college education into the ground... but she has the all-powerful R behind her name.

We'll see, but it's frustrating as hell. I still vote, but mostly to vote against the worst of the Republican slate in the primaries.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not directly, but there is a certain dog whistle quality to his last two sentences.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Respectfully disagree.

Trumps lies, says Waters called for "harm to supporters."

Then suggests she be careful what she wishes for. Which is what?

Harm.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump needs to create a Safe Space Force for people in his administration.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

SHYFS isn't answering questions. She's just reciting talking points.

Does anyone dare ask about dad's Pelosi tweet?

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yes, harm to his supporters. In his twisted mind, that is what she is wishing for.

Telling her to be careful wishing for that is not necessarily a threat of violence against her. I totally acknowledge it can be read that way if one chooses, but I think the more level-headed interpretation is that her calling for "harm to supporters" will have negative political consequences. That is why she should be careful. To read it your way gives Trump way too much credit for being able to write with subtlety and nuance. Those are not his strong suits.

I say this as someone who believes "they let you do it" absolutely meant sexual assault, "very fine people" was in reference to Nazis and "second amendment people" was actually a thinly veiled threat.

Regardless, it was a stupid fucking tweet.

grantcow likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree in this instance.

Violence is always included under the Trump umbrella of bad outcomes. It's an integral part of the hard guy bluster.

"Nice Congresswoman you got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it . . ."

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Low IQ. "Max" i.e. you look like a man. This is overt racism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.