1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When I'm asked if I'd like a drink, I say:
    Yes, thank you. I enjoy drinking alcohol very much. When I can, I prefer to consume more than is considered polite, and I wish I could so much more often.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fly and justgladtobehere like this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Vombatus-
    Jehovah's Witnesses are well known for a contempt for Catholics, even more than the Baptists have.
    Baptists and traditional Protestants hate the idea of papism - Witnesses think the idea of the trinity is loathsome.
    I have a new solution for the next time one of these people interrupt my private/family time with a proselytizing visit: asking them their address and whether I can come over later to talk about it.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can’t remember what I got irked about today. Damnit. Irking.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

People who have no sense of spacial awareness in a crowded mall

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Prince Harry married a 6, and now I’m subjected to her everywhere. Kate Middleton and Princess D were like firm 8’s, no? Is it only bc of the proximity to the throne? I don’t think so bc some of Harry’s past GFs were smokeshows.

Megan Markle is growing on me like moss. Sounds horrible, ‘tis true.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sorry, 8s? We don't use the metric system here

expendable likes this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

More like 8s and 3p

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Everything about Microsoft...but at the top of the list is Excel asking me every single time "Do you want to keep using the format?" when I save a sheet as a .csv file.

Yes, Office, I do...and you should know this, because I've saved more than 5,000 .csv files over the past two years and never have I answered no!

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I fixed the Jehovah's Witnesses problem in one shot: I opened the door in nothing but a pair of purple bikini briefs. They never bothered me again.

For the record, I was sleeping on my sister's couch at the time, and was still quite asleep when I opened the door. But it worked.

I don't remember if I had morning wood.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Perhaps this irks me more than it should. Actually, both of these.

We have a "reporter" (who mostly sits and writes personal columns and grumbles when asked to report on something) who sits there fondling his beard every time he pauses. EVERY. DAMNED. TIME. He doesn't just stroke it, but treats it like a 12-year-old would treat a beaver.

And the same guy, if he sneezes and someone says, "Bless you," he ignores it. Not even a courtesy "thank you." It doesn't bother me that he doesn't offer a "Bless you" when someone else sneezes, but it just seems so arrogant to sit there and ignore a simple gesture. It's like opening a door for a woman and she ignores the gesture.

What the hell has happened to manners?

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted