1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yes, echo chambers do tend to proceed more peaceably than forums with vigorous debate.

They're also more boring and useless.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    lcjjdnh, SnarkShark and Songbird like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For God's sake, this isn't difficult. You can do 10% in your head right? $100 -> $10? Ok. You want to leave 20%, double that. 30%, triple it. If you wanna get fancy and do 25%, you take half of the original $10.

I expect more out of Silver than some kid cashier who loses her mind when you give her the odd coin change to get to an even number.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not to mention many receipts these days have suggested tip amounts written at the bottom.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I can write "LOL" and "But Hillary" after every post if that will make people feel better.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's when he has to pull out the Zelle App to split the bill, that it becomes a huge problem. "OK, I only had one piece of the calamari, and you had 3." That means I owe 1/3 of what you do for that dish, and my portion of the tip is the square root of pi. Does anyone have a slide rule?

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

@ me next time, Fred.

lcjjdnh and Donny in his element like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

His LOL'ism and What About Hillary shtick aside, you can't carry his water when it comes to political discourse.

Don't take that the wrong way ... because you have your strengths.

But in regards to this thread, you'll never be his intellectual equal.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Like old_tony?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nah. Just bombard us with Tweets from people we've never heard of before.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Well, liberals believe in executing babies in the womb, so I would think most would be on board with that. I mean, they argue why bring this child into the world into poverty and it's not wanted, so doesn't that "logic" apply here also? I would think the political left would love it if they were all just executed. They have no problem with killing children in the womb, what's the difference here?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You can't be pro-life and pro-toddler internment camps. I mean, I guess you can. But it's a really weird.

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There is some message board out there with a new member posting hundreds of things about Hillary, and all the old regulars are like, "What the fuck???""

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.