1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This made me laugh:

garrow and lcjjdnh like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I wonder if they built the set and were like, "Oh, shit. We forgot the fridge!"

It's about time we got back to Major Dad talk on this thread. It's been a few months.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

So much of “The Golden Girls” centers around the kitchen. Didn’t occur to me until later that they had a table for four but only three chairs. One of the four was always standing, cooking or sitting on a stool.

*edited to fix idiot autocorrect

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love this show too. Still, with Axe and Chuck so passionately hating each other for most of it, I figured the series would end with them running a B+B up in Vermont together.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Always wondered why Seinfeld had about 10 boxes of cereal on the shelf above the sink.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Jerry Seinfeld was obsessed with cereal for much of his life.

David Letterman asked him recently if he still eats cereal and Seinfeld says he doesn't. I gasped.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Succession; watches episode one; looks promising

lcjjdnh likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just finished Mr. Robot Season 3. It's a tough show to love, and even at times to understand - but damn do they do a great job creating an atmosphere and the fifth episode - composed as one continuous shot - is so riveting, that you don't realize it is a "tracking shot" (there are seams) until you're about 15 minutes into it.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Staircase

What a smug SOB.

qtlaw likes this.
  10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Watched the first two episodes last night. Looks like a "Brothers and Sisters" remake. Family patriarch dies (or almost dies) in the first episode. Family members selfishly jockey for the most advantageous position. Except there is not one likable person in the whole show. In "Brothers and Sisters," at least you liked them. I can't say that I like anybody on "Succession." Whole buncha idiotic morons.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I really thought Succession was a docu-drama, OJ style, about the Murdoch family.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Most of the way through Epsiode 2 of 'Condor.'
    I don't think I'm going to continue.

Draft saved Draft deleted