1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Athletic keeps growing .......

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fran Curci, Feb 3, 2018.

1. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

In Denver, the Avs reporter started on Monday. Seems odd though not to have a Rockies reporter when their big push was on baseball at the start of the year.
    I think in Detroit it is one of the editors who used to cover the Tigers for ESPN

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I read the Athletic keeps growing. Can’t remember where I read it though.

3. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

They have a Rockies reporter

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I checked again, Nick Groke has not written anything for a week and a half. So the paper has been going without.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. LanceyHoward

When I checked the website again their local Tigers material was primarily written by Max Bultman. He did a lot on the draft but I did not see anyone who seemed to be following the team itself.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Heard today the Athletic has hired Calvin Watkins to cover the Cowboys. Feel free to bludgeon me at will if that's old news.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Athletic

Don't know where you're looking but he wrote on Monday. And Saturday. And Thursday.

8. LanceyHoward

Apparently neither do I. I don't know how I missed it.

9. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Looks like they’re adding Gavin Farkes to the Cincinnati Bengals beat

10. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I see that Tim Graham is leaving Buffalo. I have to think he is joining The Athletic in some capacity. (Buffalo has done quite a job destroying a good sports staff.)

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

He had something on June 11 and today. It's been often enough but I am surprised it's not more. About an every other day pace in June.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Sorry, skipped over all that response. But also surprising someone thought they didn't have a Rockies writer at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted